It’s been a while since I took part in a bloggers’ tag, but boy am I excited to do this one! Although I’m not doing Blogtober, I thought it might be a bit of fun to get into the spirit of the season with the Hallotober Tag. Thank you to Claire at Our Favourite Jar for tagging me – I loved reading through all your answers.
What’s your favourite thing about October?
I love that October is the time where we start to see nature change. Leaves turn colour, acorns and conkers litter the floors, and the weather becomes moody and melancholy.
Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Not really, no. I used to dress up and hit the clubs back when I was a teenager and in my very early 20s, but as I’ve got older, I haven’t really felt the need to celebrate. Perhaps when baby is here, we could put our own twist on the event.
What’s your favourite horror movie?
That’s tough, but I really enjoyed the IT movies. I was terrified of clowns because of the book as a child, but this year I finally cracked my fear and watched the new movies. They were fantastic.
Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
I used to love a big night out, and sometimes wish I could still handle my drink like I did when I was 19. However, feeling old now, a night in with hot chocolate, snacks, and movies sounds perfect.
Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
My costumes have never been particularly impressive, but I did dress as Black Canary one year, and it’s nice to remember a time when I was confident enough to wear a leotard in public.
Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Pin the hat on the witch. I do not fancy sticking my face in a bucket of water that other people have also stuck their face in!
How do you celebrate Halloween?
I’ll be honest, I generally don’t. I did write a post about this, actually. I am warming towards some sort of celebration this year, though. Probably because 2020 has been so miserable.
What’s your least favourite horror?
Wow, there are some terrible horror films out there. The Happening was so bad.
Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
Not my own experience of trick or treating, but a funny story nonetheless. On our first Halloween in our new house, a few teenage boys stole our doorbell and played knock down ginger with it.
What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
No doubt, my favourite thing is the array of spooky themed sweets, bakes, and drinks that you can find in shops.
Scary costume or Silly costume?
Silly costume, any day!
What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
I love those sugar cookies with marshmallow shapes on them. Technically not candy, but I will buy myself one if I can.
Would you visit a haunted house at night?
At night? I wouldn’t want to visit one in the day.
- Pages Places and Plates
- Lauren Hollie
- Lets Go Somewhere Else
- Poppy Mae Higgins
- Abbey Warne
- Ruffle Snuffle
- The Beau Traveler
- Snow Day Ride
- Lipgloss and Curves
- Rooting Branches
- Emmjoy Blogs
- The Sickly Mama
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
13. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?