A few weeks ago Pages, Places, and Plates nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award on her post here, which is my first EVER nomination of ANY blogging award. I’ve seen people posting about awards before, but as I’m still quite a small blog, I was never expecting to be nominated, so thank you for thinking of me!
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you and don’t forget to link back to their site
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominators
- Nominate at least 11 more bloggers for the award
- Write 11 new, creative questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees via social media or by commenting on their blog
- Lastly, list the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your site or in your post
1. What’s an interesting fact about you that people might not expect?
Back in 2014, before I started to train as a teacher, I went through a stint of wanting to be the next Holly Willoughby, so I applied for some presenting jobs. I landed one with a Ukranian company who were making short films to help people learn English, so now there are about fifteen videos of me literally making noises, floating around the internet somewhere.
2. If you could only eat one cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be?
It might subconsciously be because I have Italian heritage, but I’d have to choose Italian cuisine – antipasti, meats, pastas, gelato, breadsticks. Seriously, what’s not to love?
3. What’s a fear you have that you really want to overcome?
I’m not sure if I have any fears that I want to overcome.
4. What’s your main aim when it comes to your blog?
In the first year, I’d like to establish a solid following and content, but I’d like to monetise and take on more sponsored posts by the second year. I work full time in a high intensity job, so it’s difficult to dedicate a enough of my time to blogging to make it big.
5. What’s a hobby you don’t currently do but really want to take up?
I would quite like to take up another martial art. I currently kickbox, and I’d like to try my hand at Krav Maga or something similar.
6. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
I’d quite like to have a Jean Grey/Violet Incredible combination of telekinesis, force fields and invisibility. Although if I could only have one, I’d go for telekinesis – it means I could shut doors and windows without actually having to get up.
7. You’re moving house and have to choose between a ranch in the desert, an ice house in a snowy land, a treehouse in the jungle, or a bamboo hut on the beach. Which do you choose?
I hate the cold, and I think there would be too many mosquitoes in the jungle for my liking. The hut on the beach would be pretty basic and boring, but at least you get the sea breeze. I’m imagining the ranch in the desert as more of a Red Dead Redemption, cowboys in the Mojave type of space, so I’d have to pick the ranch, although I’d much prefer a little cottage in the countryside.
8. What’s something you were absolutely obsessed with as a kid?
I was a huge cartoon fan when I was a kid, and I used to spend every night after school in front of the TV. My go-to show was Spongebob Squarepants, and I think I could still give a detailed synopsis for every episode.
9. You’ve been given £1m to donate to any single charity of your choice. Which one do you go for?
I have no idea. I’m a bit sceptical of big charities because of corruption and the fact that we don’t really know where our money is going, so I’d probably pick something like Essex Air Ambulance or something similar.
10. Aside from blogging (if that’s the case), what is your dream job?
I’d love to be a bestselling author. Or a historian with TV series, like Lucy Worsley, because I absolutely love to watch them, and I’m kind of OK at teaching.
11. And the ultimate debate… Pineapple on pizza?
Oh, go on then!
I picked my nominees because I’ve really enjoyed lurking on their sites and reading their posts over the last few months, and have developed great friendships with some of them, even though we’ve never met!
Here they are in no particular order:
Coffee and Corfu
What’s In My Wonderland
Abigail Rose West
Aesthetics By Alexx
An Orcadian Abroad
A View Outside
The Wellbeing Blogger
Questions for my nominees
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What motivates you to work hard?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Theatre or cinema?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, where did you get it?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
- What is one thing you will never do again?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Do you collect anything?
- What’s something you want to do or learn in the next 5 years?
- If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
I look forward to seeing some of your answers!