I am pleased to announce that this is my second award nomination in less than seven months of blogging, so thank you to Hannah of Pages, Places and Plates for thinking of me.
- Give a shout out to the blogger that nominated you for the award and leave links back to their blog
- Post the award on your blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve it and tag them to share the love
- Answer 11 questions posted by the blogger lovely enough to nominate you and ask 11 questions
11 Facts about me
- When I was three, my parents took me on holiday and told me an orange buoy in the sea was Ariel. I believed it for years.
- The first story I ever wrote was about a rabbit.
- I have an A-Level in maths, although it isn’t a very good one!
- I am a serial crier – any time something remotely sad happens in a film or TV show, I can’t hold it in.
- I can never decide whether I want long or short hair.
- My top three Disney movies are Dumbo, The Emperor’s New Groove, and The Little Mermaid.
- I am an existential nihilist – I believe that life as a concept has no meaning, although it doesn’t stop me feeling grief or empathy.
- I used to be terrified of touching holy water as I thought it would kill me because I wasn’t a Christian.
- The second toe on my right foot is longer than my big toe.
- I was born with hip displasia.
- I had my ears pinned back as a child.
1. If you could wake up in any fictional world, where would it be?
That’s tough, because most fictional worlds are borderline dystopic, if not entirely dystopic, and are not great for the lowly peasant human, which I would surely end up being! I’d probably have to wake up in Jane Austen’s world – I might be able to marry rich.
2. You can suddenly talk to just one species of animal. Which one is it?
Oh 100% dogs. Then I could understand what Ted wants from me!
3. What’s the first memory you can remember?
I’m not sure if it’s my first memory, but I vividly remember being scratched by the cat my grandparents had unwillingly adopted. It was my fault really – I pulled his tail.
4. What type of decor do you really need more of in your home/living space?
For the most part, our house is looking how we want it to, although I would love to change our bedroom walls, floor and hang some new artwork.
5. You get a superpower of your choice, but you have to trade in three of your skills or positive traits. Which superpower do you get, and what do you trade for it in return?
Oh it has to be a good one. I’d trade my teaching ability, writing skills, and – for the superpower of learning and mastery. I’d want to be able to quickly master any skill I want to.
6. If you could only watch one movie ever again for the rest of your life, which would it be? (You’re allowed to watch it as many times as you like, but only that one)
Something funny and highly quotable, like White Chicks, or Anchorman.
7. Think back to your favourite place you’ve ever been. Where was it, and why did you love it so much?
Even though I blog about the UK, I absolutely loved Mexico. It was the perfect mix of climate, nature, and fun stuff. I would go back in a heartbeat.
8. What are your most important goals that you’re focusing on right now?
Right now, I want to spend some time working on my blog before I go back to work in September, but also relax and enjoy my break.
9. Would you rather never eat your favourite food again or never see your favourite animal again?
Again, I would happily give up chicken nuggets to have Ted around forever.
10. If you could learn any language, which would it be and why?
I’d learn Italian, because I have Italian heritage but never learnt to speak the language.
11. What’s a difficult lesson learnt in life that you’re now grateful for?
Tough question. When I was younger, I was very trusting towards the wrong people. Although it’s not exactly a positive trait, I’m a lot more suspicious of people’s intentions now, which I am quite grateful for, as I’ve had a good few years drama free.
- Lea Bella Blogs
- The Opinionated One
- KAM Holidays
- Life Through My Dark Brown Eyes
- Treat Yo Brain
- Sugi Says
- A View Outside
- The In Between Traveller
Questions for my nominees
- If you could be an animal for a day, which one would you be and why?
- What’s the first thing you would do if you won £1,000,000?
- Do you have a hobby you wish you had taken up earlier?
- What are your top three movies?
- What fictional character do you most identify with?
- Why did you choose your blogging niche?
- What are your blogging goals for the rest of 2019?
- What’s something you would have done differently at the start of your blogging journey?
- What is something you are looking forward to in the future?
- What’s your unpopular opinion?
Lastly, I’d like to say thank you to everyone who supports BritVoyage. I couldn’t do this without you.